jeudi 11 août 2011

Detangling: paradise or hell

Detangling has always been underated in my hair regimen.
I've always relied on the product to work it's magic for it and never really felt the need to improve my technique. Oh boy I was wrong!!!

With my hair's current length, I understand now how important it is to have a good technique for detangling. Do not get me wrong, I'm combing from tip to roots, with a large tooth comb but still my technique had to be improved.

My detangling process is now the following:
1- Take my time. If I'm in a hurry, no detangling for me. I just lightly separate the strands and push back my hair in a bun;
2 - Grab all the products and tools I need: combs, moisturizer, oil, butterfly clips
3 - Gently part the hair in 4 sections and lightly separate the strands with my fingers. This helps a lot to remove all the tangles GENTLY!
4 - Part each section in 2 or 3 and apply the moisturizer to each section and put a butterfly clip on each.
Since my hair does not like wet detangling, I use my moisturizing spritz with aloe vera very lightly before applying the moisturizer.
5 - Once all sections are done, start with applying the oil to each section and put a butterfly clip on each.
6 - Start detangling the first section from tip to root with gentle short strokes using the shower comb. Then use the wide tooth comb to get all shed hairs.
7 - Once all sections are done, I can proceed to styling.

With this technique, no more tangled hair and less breakage from combing.
These are the combs I use in this process.


Ciao Ciao

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire